Monday, October 15, 2012

weekend wrap-up & goals

good morning friends! hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. mine was pretty busy! friday night we had mike's brother, sister-in-law and kids over for dinner and games. we had bbq chicken breasts wrapped in bacon (omg!) grilled corn on the cob, cajun sausage and smothered yellow & zucchini squash. everything was so yummy! we played a couple of games before they had to head home to put the boys to bed. saturday night was my 3rd cousins wedding in harahan (about an hr drive) so we headed that way when the babe got home from work. we didn't stay long and ended up popping into a local bar when we got back into town to meet up with a couple of friends. it was a very fun & unexpected night! sunday i went over to my friend tiffini's house to help her host her mom's bridal shower. y'all, why is shower food so good? and how is it possible to eat 1,000 of those little tiny sandwiches!? those things are so addicting, i cant ever just have a couple!

before heading out to the wedding saturday night


so as you can tell, i did not eat good this weekend. i knew i really wouldn't be able to and that it would be especially hard at the shower, so i let myself have "1 last meal" before i committed to making changes. starting today im going to start putting 110% into getting in shape. there is no more time for excuses! im 26 years old and it is just going to get harder to lose weight the closer i get to 30. (cannot believe that is in 4 short years! AHHHH!) i know that it is SO hard to have a social life and lose weight. this is the thing i struggle with the most. i cant just sit around while everyone else has beers and cocktails and be sober sally. so i really have to be strict throughout the week and NEVER miss a workout. i also need to plan a lot better for the weekends. if i know we are going out with friends on saturday night then i need to start getting in a hard core workout that morning. and of course limit myself on the # of drinks i have that night. i have to really start thinking about the repercussions before i cheat or skip a workout. i cant forget about the bigger picture!

so like i said in my last post, my first goal is to lose 15 lbs by january 1st. i'd really love to lose 20 by then but with the holidays coming up i know im going to have lots of slip ups. im going to stick to 1200 calories a day (i use my fitness pal to track. you can add me if you like! username is darlingvictoria). my workout goal is to workout 6 days a week. im still trying to figure out exactly what i want to do on what day, but i definitely need to stick to 6 days with sundays being my rest day. i'm going to do a weekly weigh-in here on my blog on friday mornings so y'all will know how im doing. so here goes nothing! i'd really love any kind of encouragement, motivation or tips you'd like to leave me!
xxoo

5 comments:

  1. BBQ Chicken wrapped in bacon!? Drooling!!

    You can easily do 15 by January! Setting attainable goals is a sure way to success! Cheering you on over here!

    PS. Loving your wedding look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! I meant to tell you to send me a full pic!

    You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your goals are totally realistic and reachable. You got this girl.

    Also, um hello GORGEOUS! I love your hair and you are so pretty. Sorry, I know that makes me sound like a total creep! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (blushing over here)

      That isnt creepy at all, haha! Thank you so much :)

      Delete