Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Couck 2 5k



So tonight at the gym I will be starting the above program. Also known as C25K. I downloaded the app on my iphone about a month ago and completed the first 2 days of the program. I then took a few days off from the gym and then forgot all about it! Oops :) Ive never been a runner by any means. This program is great for me because it is designed to slowly take you from a couch potato (which i wouldn't call myself, I work out 3-4 times a week) to a 5k runner. Now I dont necessarily want to run a 5k. I just want to be able to run period. You know, in case some crazy killer is chasing me through the woods like a scene from a horror movie. And i would just like to finally get this weight off.
Here is a little about the program from their website:

What is the Couch to 5K running plan?

Couch to 5K is a beginner's running plan.

It is designed for people who are just taking up running

* You alternate between walking and running until you build strength
* It is a 9 week long plan
* You workout 3 times a week, ideally with breaks between days
* Each workout session is from 30-40 minutes long (including 5 minutes warm up and 5 minutes cool down)

For more info check out their website- www.c25kapp.com

Hopefully by doing this program along with some weights a few times a week, I will finally reach my goal. I will keep you all updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment