Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tasty Thursdays:

Hi everyoneeee. Guess what? Tomorrow is Friday! Weeee :)
Im not sure if I will keep all of the daily features I have been doing. I guess I will just try a bunch until I find a schedule I like :)
Hawaiian chicken sandwiches and homemade Cajun fries:
Ingredients-
For the sandwhiches:
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 tenders ( I normally use and would recommend tenders, but tonight all I had was breasts)
4 slices of bacon (2 per sandwich)
2 buger buns (we always use wheat but tonight we used sweet hawaiian rolls, DELISH!)
1 bottle of Hawaiian marinade (should be near the salad dressing at your grocery store)
1 bottle of Teriyaki marinade (same as above)
1 can of pineapple slices (you will need 1 slice per sandwich)
2 slices of pepperjack cheese (you can use as many as you want really!)
red pepper flakes
mayo
bbq sauce (honey flavored is best with this in my opinion)



For the fries:
2 baking potatoes- medium to large size
Tonys seasoning (or some sort of Cajun salt seasoning)
Extra virgin olive oil

Put chicken into zip lock bag with equal parts of each marinade and 1/3 parts pineapple juice from the can of slices. Sorry i don't measure anything. It is probably about 3/4 cups of the marinade for 2 chicken breasts. For 4 just double it. Add red pepper flakes, about 1 teaspoon or more if you like it extra hot! I would let this marinade for at least 2 hours, even though the bottles says 30 minutes. The longer the better!
Pre-heat oven to 350. Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes. This will make it a LOT easier to cut. Place chicken in oven on a greased pan. I always flip my chicken 1/2 way through, so set your timmer for 15 minutes. Slice potatoes long ways. I leave the skin on, but feel free the peel it off. I think its easiest to cut the potato into 1 1/2 first and then just keep cutting that part in 1/2. Does that make sense? Sorry, this is my first time writing out a recipe and its harder than I thought it would be! You want your fries to be about the size of Wendy's fries when your done, haha.



Drizzle with olive oil and add Tony's seasoning. Toss until evenly coated. Your chicken should be 1/2 way done by now. Flip it onto other side and place back in oven for 15 more minutes. Now you can cook your bacon, I dont think I need to explain that one!
Bump your oven temp up to 400 and place the pan of fries on bottom rack. You can toss them around every 5 minutes or so. Take chicken out after the last 15 minutes. Place bacon slices on top of chicken and then top with cheese. Place back in oven for few seconds, until cheese melts (have to try to remember to do that next time!)
Assemble your sandwiches: mayo, bbq sauce, pineapple slice. Your fries should be done by now but if you want them a little crispier, you may want to turn your broiler on for a couple of minutes. KEEP YOUR EYE ON IT! It will burn fast. Anddd done!
Wow, this seems soooo much more complicated then it really is! Trust me, its easy and delish! I have heard of recipes like this but with marinaded portobello mushrooms instead of chicken for all the vegetarians out there. Sorry, I haven't the slighted idea how to cook a mushroom. You're on your own with that one. So enjoy. Leave a comment if you try it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment